Wednesday 5 February 2014

The Last Weekend for a Little While









     

I'm feeling a little guilty for writing this post, I have so many beauty themed tutorials in the pipework, but because I have been in dissertation destruction for the past week I have barely had time to apply lip balm let alone blog about it. So instead I'm sharing some photographs from last weekend. My dissertation is now, finished, done over! And I could not be more relieved. The past week has been a slice of hell and I am so glad to see the back of it. Not only did I have to say bye to my boyfriend for five months but  I had a good 85% off a 8000 word essay to get finished. A major happy bubble swallowed me up once I had handed it in and I'm so excited to get back going with my final project.

Anyways back to last weekend..since this was going to be mine and Tarans last weekend before he left for Afghan we decided to make it a little more of a special one. For the best part of six months he has been based in Germany, so whichever weekend he has been able to come home for we have always made a bit of an effort. But seeing as this one was the last weekend for five months of course I was going to push for a hotel! 

We ended up booking a 'deluxe studio apartment' at the Fraser Residence City, This hotel was in the perfect location for us, I live fairly close to central London anyway and  for some reason whenever we do visit we always end up in The Liverpool Street area. The hotel is fairly close to this part of London and it worked out amaaazzingly cheap in the end, only £114 for the night when booked online. Pretty decent considering you have a gorgeous room which is generously sized, a kitchen (which although wasn't used properly did come in handy for pesky appliances you always forget you'll need like bottle openers etc) and a pretty bathroom. Which came stocked with cute L'occitane mini's I am fuming I forgot to pinch!!  
In the evening we went to Las Igunas for dinner in Spitalfields Market, again we aren't a stranger to this place, but mexican is a fave and I would happily live off their re-fried beans and calamari for life if I could. 
After here we planned on going for drinks at the Drift Bar in Heron Tower. Unfortunately we left Las Iguanas a little later than planned because Taran had 'mislaid' his bank card earlier on the evening (well done babe.) So we missed last orders by a smidge and returned back to the hotel instead. As much as I adored our apartment, once we were back in the room it became pretty obvious they had a night club smack bang next door. Fraser Residence is perfect for a little luxury stay, but you aren't going to be over the moon if your kind of light sleeper and staying there on a a busy weekend.

After checking out at 11 we made our way into Shoreditch, we walked and it took an absolute trek to get there. But I'm sure it would be a shed load quicker if your with someone who genuinely does know the way, Taran likes to think he has a great sense of direction but I am yet to be convinced. We ended up having brunch at a place called Franz and Evans, somewhere I have wanted to go FOREVER. It is only teeny and super duper popular but the food is absolute heaven. You can see the cakes and bakes in the photographs above, I didn't get any of the salads but even they looked to die for. If I was a dedicated health bean I would have definitely gone for one, but I'm not and went for the 'Trecolore. A combo off sourdough toast, 2 poached eggs, spinach, smoked salmon, crispy prosciutto & hollandaise sauce. What I would do to have it all over again!! I love this place, and although the size means you generally do have to share tables and sit on customers laps (not really) I would loovveee to pay it a visit again. Especially after eyeing up the belly pork on the dinner menu. YUM.  

I think I'm just about over sulking that the weekends is over and Taran is now 29438492002 miles away. I'm occasionally like what on earth?!  How has it only been a week since he left, but I'm sure the time will pass eventually and I'm happy knowing we will be back together by the summertime. 

(Beauty post to follow I PROMISE)



x

No comments:

Post a Comment